Doug founded Carolina Ingredients, a leading industrial seasoning manufacturer and distributor based in Rock Hill in 1990, and has personally led the company’s growth into a highly successful enterprise. At the end of 2010, Carolina Ingredients became the first LEED Sustainable seasoning plant in the country, and the first privately owned seasoning plant to be SQF certified. The company has one of the largest photovoltaic systems in York County. Solar energy supplies alternative fuel for the production plant as well as hot water for the office complex.
Doug has also founded Compaction International, DMC Enterprises LLC, and Merisal LLC.
Respected Community Leader
Doug has a distinguished history of community service:
- Chairman of York County Economic Development Board
- Member of Clover/Lake Wylie YMCA Board
- Chairman of Gaston Day School Board
- Founding Father of Gaston Day School Hall of Fame
- Member of Yadkin Bank’s Community Advisory Board
- Member of the Snack Food Association’s Executive Leadership Forum Committee
Doug is married to Dr. Margaret Edwards Meyer-Cuno. Together they have four wonderful adult children. Doug and Margaret are active in their church and community. They reside on Lake Wylie and enjoy boating, good food, and watching sunsets with a glass of wine. Committed to a physically fit and healthy lifestyle, Doug exercises five days a week.
He graduated from Furman University in Greenville, SC BA.
Harvard Business School OPM Program 33, 2004